CASSAVA FLOUR BISCUIT
(Grain & gluten free)
_______serving: 6 biscuits
1 cup cassava flour
1/4 cup arrowroot starch
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (table salt)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup lard (room temperature)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs.
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Using a fork, cut the lard into the dry ingredients until the texture is a coarse meal.
3. In a small bowl whisk together eggs, honey, acv and water. Add to dry and mix to combine.
4. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces, then using your hands shape each portion into a biscuit (hockey puck) shape, roughly 3 inches round and 1 inch thick.
5. Bake on a parchment paper lined sheet pan for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe & photo credit: healthstartsinthekitchen.com