This is very simple and quick dessert if you use frozen cassava it cook quickly. If you don’t like banana you can use all cassava but use 2 packages instead of one frozen cassava.
1 (16oz) Frozen Cassava or Fresh Cassava up to you but I like frozen so I don’t have to peel it, cut to bite size
1 can of coconut milk
4 cups of water
2 bananas cut to bite size
1/3 cups of white or color tapioca wash and soak in water
1/2 t of salt
1 1/3 to 1 ½ cup of sugar up to your liking
Roasted sesame seeds to sprinkle when serve.
In a pot boil 4 cups of water then add cassava, cook until cassava is soft
Add coconut milk sugar, salt; boil it on medium heat keep eyes on the stove because coconut milk can boil over the pot. When it is boiling add tapioca to it
Let it boil again until the tapioca is cook completely then add banana cook just few minutes until banana is soft to the taste then turn the heat off.
When ready to serve sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds on top serve warm or cold.
Oh! My my, this is good to go early morning with sufficient supply of nutrient and calories.
Photo credit: Tevisfoodblog
#starchei #food #cassava #africa #recipe #goodfood
CASSAVA FLOUR BISCUIT
(Grain & gluten free)
_______serving: 6 biscuits
1 cup cassava flour
1/4 cup arrowroot starch
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (table salt)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup lard (room temperature)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs.
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Using a fork, cut the lard into the dry ingredients until the texture is a coarse meal.
3. In a small bowl whisk together eggs, honey, acv and water. Add to dry and mix to combine.
4. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces, then using your hands shape each portion into a biscuit (hockey puck) shape, roughly 3 inches round and 1 inch thick.
5. Bake on a parchment paper lined sheet pan for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe & photo credit: healthstartsinthekitchen.com
Don’t ever miss the delightful taste of our premium odourless Fufu flour. Processed under hygienic environment for your fast and easy preparation.
For Enquiries, Marketing and Distribution
Facebook: Starchei Products Enterprise
The perfect IBILEtizer